Subject: [Leica] Daylight loader for Leica cassettes....
From: Michael Hintlian <MichaelHintlian@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 1998 19:09:25 -0400

Tom Kumagai <kumagai@po.cnet-ma.ne.jp> writes:

<<Dear sirs,

Does such thing as the subject exist? Doesn't matter whether it's by Leit=
z =

or not. I think the cartridge should be fun thing to play with,
and if the use of a daytime loader is possible, would be nice... ;-)

Tom K.

#  I already have posted over this subject to the "Decadent Leica" BBS an=
d =

they told me that there isn't one that they know of.
#  I kinda figured that putting it in the darkbag before opening the =

cartridge chamber  and closing the little shutter thing of the cartridge
#  would do, but that kinda defeats the purpose, ain't it?>>

Tom and all...

I use the Leica cassettes all the time.  They can be loaded very simply
with an off-the-shelf standard Alden 74 bulk loader.  This loader has the=

built in capability to close the Leica cassette before opening the bulk
loader.  Ben Fernandez showed me how it works years ago...and all the whi=
le
I had been using this bulk loader for standard snap-cap cassettes, I didn=
't
realize that it could also handle the Leica cassettes until I saw it done=
=2E =

The Alden model 74 bulk loader is what you are looking for...if you have
questions about how to operate with Leica cassettes I would be happy to
help.

Michael Hintlian =