Subject: Re: [Leica] Another year of waiting for the R8 motor-drive!
From: tedgrant@islandnet.com (Ted Grant)
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 1998 06:29:24 +0100

Pascal wrote:

>Yesterday, while browsing the Leica web pages, I noticed that (at least
>on the German language pages), it is said that the R8 motor-drive will
>probably be available by the end of... '99!
>
>Does anybody know what could explain such huge delays (the R8 came out at
>the end of '96, the motor-winder at the beginning of '98)?

Hi Pascal,

I think they are saying that to give them a "large margin of time!" :)

So when it does come out sooner, they can make it really good to all R8
owners who ordered motors before 31 December '96. They will get their motor
free for waiting on back order three years!   And if you beleive that, I
have several islands in the arctic ocean I would like to sell you. :)

The promo release will hearld the motors' arrival as the greatest thing
since sliced watermelon!!!!!! :)

ted