Subject: Re: [Leica] Lens cleaning technique/materials
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 1998 08:31:32 -0500

At 06:52 AM 6/14/98 -0400, you wrote:

>glass.  Can someone please tell me how best to remove this grease/oil
>without damaging the glass or coating?  What sort of cloth or paper and what
>if any fluids should be used.

The Lens Pen works pretty well. Also Kodak lens tissue is good. DON"T use
eyeglass tissue. It has a chemical that will attack the glass.  ROR Mist is
the best cleaning fluid I've ever found. Hard to find, but I do see it in
many camera stores. Minus that, a little moisture from your breath.
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

An SB-26 is a case for holding dead batteries.