Subject: Re: [Leica] Lens tests & Etc. ;-)
From: "Thomas J. Donovan" <75674.3465@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 1998 16:20:04 -0400

Dan C. & Marc,

Before I respond ( & I saw the ;-), let me quote Erwin
from a past MSG where he talked about MTF charts.

>>I do know the ones from Zeiss & Leica quite well<<
          >>& could compare the results!<<
>>one cannot compare two MTF graphs.....as every<<
       >>manufacturer uses a different program<<

One might infer from these somewhat ( no offense)
dichotomous thoughts, that Erwin understands the
specific software algorithms, used by Zeiss & Leica.
If that's the case, then it's just a matter of elucidation
( program differences ) by Erwin & we could all share
his ability to "compare the results".

>>comparing MTF charts of Zeiss & Leica lenses,,,<<
                >>Erwin, did you hear that ;-)?<<

No, Dan C. I'm not looking for trouble ;-); rather, I'm
making an honest attempt to compare lenses w/o
having to BUY them & take a "thousand " pictures;-)!

>>as Erwin has posted......MTF charts cannot be<<
>>compared intelligently  unless they are made<<
            >>under identical standards<<

Marc, my point, as made discussing Erwin's quotes
elucidate..........elucidate, we can all share & benefit.
When it comes to Zeiss & Leica MTF charts!

Nothing more, nothing less...whew ;-)!

Tom D.