Subject: Re: [Leica] Viewfinders
From: Chandos Michael Brown <cmbrow@mail.wm.edu>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1998 05:43:10 -0400

He probably meant "turrent," which is to say that it's a copy of the Zeiss
multi-finder.  Someone else will know better than I what the size is.  I
saw them for sale in the Netherlands.  Seems to me that they're somewhat
less ungainly than the Imarect, but I'm not sure whether the image is
corrected left/right and so on.

Chandos

At 10:15 AM 6/15/98 +0200, you wrote:
>I'm interested in buying a Fed VF for multiple focal lengths for use
>with my M3 (Primarily to get a 35mm VF).  The seller states that it
>is "more or less" an IMFIN type, but differs in that it resembles a
>TURNET.  Since I don't know the SCOOBY-DOO codes for Leica stuff by
>heart (and have no literature (yet) that can help me), can anyone
>explain?
>
>In particular, I'd lke to know how large this thing is going to be.
>The seller is abroad, so I cannot check before purchase.
>
>Regards,
>
>M.
>
>--
>Martin V. Howard, Application Systems Laboratory,     |
>Dept. of Comp. & Info. Sci., Linkoping University,    | Just DOHH it!
>SE-581 83 Linkoping, Sweden.  Tel +46 13 282 421,     +----------------+
>Fax +46 13 142 231; marho@ida.liu.se; www.ida.liu.se/~marho

Chandos Michael Brown
Assoc. Prof., History and American Studies
College of William and Mary

http://www.resnet.wm.edu/~cmbrow/