Subject: [Leica] Laughing Photos
From: "Alan Hull" <hull@vaggeryd.mail.telia.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1998 22:07:37 +0200

LUGnuts
In all the discussions on the LUG about photographs, I have never seen
any reference to photographs that made you laugh in fun.  I know that
most lugnuts take their photography quite seriously.  But I also know
from the postings that most of you have a sharp sense of humour, (if a
bit on the cynical side at times).

IMO I consider that taking a humourous picture is the PINNACLE of
photography for many reasons.  Here are just two.  The precise moment
of exposure is difficult to predict.  When a scene opens up it is
generally bland to begin with and not photo worthy, so when the comedy
occurs the camera is often still in the bag.

The most famous photographs have humour.  But nobody remembers the
photographer.  Strange.  How many of you know who took the picture of
the "Policemans helmet and the streaker" ?  And my favourite, the youth
dressed as a toy soldier high stepping across a field with some cheeky
urchins mimiking him from behind?

Alan Hull