Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica-Users List Digest V3 #124
From: Thomas Kachadurian <kach@freeway.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1998 22:53:18 -0400

Anand:

I hate to make your misfortune an example, but after you get the report
back from DAG, please report back to the LUG how much protection the filter
on your summicron provided.

Tom

<<Hi all.

Was taking some photos this weekend at a friend's wedding (as a guest)
when my 35/2 M lens took a tumble onto a tile floor.  I'll contact DAG
tomorrow.  The lens looks OK, will seat in the mount, but won't turn at
all.  The lens also separated into two pieces when I was fiddling with
a filter that was on it.  I immediately tried another lens, and it
seemed to seat and lock properly.

Are these types of accidents are ever fatal?  The equipment seems much
to sturdy for this to be the case, but I want to set my expectations
properly.

Thanks!

- - -Anand>>

Thomas Kachadurian