Subject: Re: [Leica] Laughing Photos
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 22:30:12 -0500

At 06:56 PM 6/16/98 +0200, you wrote:

>Now that does surprise me.  It has always been my understanding that
>picture editors around the world pray for the day that a really funny
>photograph lands on their desks.  It would 'hold the front page'.  But

That's out of fashion now. Many editors take life too seriously. The
picture I selected for our front page today was by one of my photographers
at a flood going on north of town here. The water is almost waist level and
about 80 emus were running at large on a ranch. He got a great picture of
the birds trying to escape and a poor rancher trying to round them up. If
any of you see it, let me know. We put it on the AP wire rather early
today, so lots of papers should be using it.

Herding emus is almost harder than herding cats. :-)

Funny works for me!
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

I'm still not sure if I understand ambiguity.