Subject: Re: [Leica] Q: Rangefinder patch adjustment??
From: Mark Walberg <Walberg@simmons.swmed.edu>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 12:19:06 -0600

Isn't it fairly easy to adjust the rangefinder patch alignment on a Leica?
(Sorry, but the only Leica item I own is a Summar 50/2.)
I have many other rangefinder cameras, and nearly all of them are easy to
adjust, usually through ports in the top cover.  Recently, I've adjusted a
Konica IIIA and IIIM, several other Konicas, and a Canon 7.  All of them
were FAR out of alignment, and now they are aligned just right.  It makes a
huge difference for my ability to focus.  I don't think these rangefinders
are likely to be any less complex than a Leica RF.  Take a look at the RF
under the cover of a Konica IIIA or IIIM someday.
   So, is adjusting the Leica RF any different?  Is it really more than
just finding the ports and turning the screwdriver until it is aligned?
Just curious about these interesting Leicas.
By the way, I can hardly keep up with the overwhelming amount of traffic on
this list.  Over 200 mesages last weekend alone!
Mark Walberg   walberg@simmons.swmed.edu