Subject: Re: [Leica] TID>Minilux Alternative
From: "Raimo Korhonen" <raimo.korhonen@pp2.inet.fi>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 1998 22:00:52 +0200

Erich Champion wrote:
> As a pocket camera, I really enjoy my Rollei 35. It's a mid '70s scal=
> focusing rangefinder camera with a Zeiss f3.5 40mm lens. The camera h=
as
given
> me wonderful pictures, and is quite robust. I don't fear taking it
anywhere.
> These cameras routinely come up for sale on eBay and sell for under $=
200.
They
> also turn up in used camera stores, but are usually priced higher tha=
they
> should be.
The Rollei 35 S with unit focusing 2.8/40 mm Sonnar is even better - Le=
ica
quality. But these are no point and shoot cameras as they are manual fo=
cus
and manual exposure cameras. The Rollei 35 SE with exposure metering LE=
Ds
in finder should be easier but I have no experience of it. And then the=
re
is the most recent version the Rollei 35 Classic but they can be somewh=
at
expensive. I think I=B4ll never sell my 35 S. Raimo