Subject: [Leica] TID>Summaron vs. Summicron
From: Bud Cook <budcook@ibm.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 1998 13:45:39 -0500

I currently have the RF-Summicron but it replaced a 2.8 Summaron.  The
Summaron had a reputation for very high resolution and I liked it very
much.  I doubt that you could tell the difference between the two lenses
assuming that they were both in perfect condition.  The problem with
both of these lenses is that they are getting old and a lot of things
could go wrong with them that would effect their performance.  I'd
certainly take a *minty* Summaron over a *user* Summicron.

Bud