Subject: Re: [Leica] take up spool
From: Colin <colinmi@fast.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 1998 08:48:59 -0400

Douglas McLernon wrote:

> I haven't had an M-2 for years but I do have an M-6 and an M4-P. I have
> been offered a "user" condition M-2 at a good price. My question is can the
> M4/M6 take up spool be fitted to an M-2 and is this just an accessory or
> does it need a trip to the camera doctor. An estimate of cost would be
> useful. Many thanks.
> Doug
> Dr Douglas McLernon
> Department of Economics, Trinity College
> Dublin 2 Ireland <Douglas.McLernon@tcd.ie>Home <dmcl@iol.ie
> Tel: 353 1 6081325, Fax: 353 1 6772503

Douglas,

I believe the rapid load spool similar to an M4 or M6 can be fitted to
your M2 by a repair person.  This would make it like the M2Rs that you
see sometimes.  I'm not sure all that is involved but probably more than
you'd want to get into yourself.  Parts to do this are scarce I think so
you'll probably have to check around to see who has the parts.

For myself, I don't mind the more positive loading of the M2s and M3s.
I've never misloaded one but I have misloaded M4s and M6s.  I wonder if
anyone has ever coverted an M6 to M2 loading?  ; )

Have fun,

Colin Miller