Subject: [Leica] all I have to say.....end of discussion
From: Five Senses Productions <fls@5senses.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 1998 11:50:57 -0700

THIS is in response to the 70 or so emails I have received over the past 48
hours about the whole incident:

I DO NOT appreciate ANY of the bad-mouthing going on over me, my site,
my photography, those who have supported me on the LUG, or my ideas
for a web site for the LUG.  I made an offer out of the goodness of my heart
and look what I get for it.  If there are a few LUGnuts out there that don't
enjoy my style or genre of photography, so be it.  No one is forcing you to
visit my site, and I have NEVER posted (in my YEAR on the LUG) ANY
endorsement or advertisement for my site on the LUG.  This groups is for
things Leica-ish, period, and that's all I bring to this group and all I
would
expect to take from this group.

And as to these TOTALLY UNFOUNDED allegations of me being the guilty
party in some comic-book story of "blackmail," this is ridiculous.  I have
nothing to do with this WHATSOEVER.....I do not know Alf, I have never
met Alf, I have never corresponded with Alf.......how could I blackmail a guy
I know nothing about????  Wake up people!  Don't jump to conclusions and
don't assume......you make an "ASS" out of "u" and "me."

With the mentality of some of the memebrs of the LUG, I am surprised no one
has accused me of being in the Mafia since I am Italian.  I thought the
average
age on the LUG was over 40?  From some recent comments, it seems the
mental age is somewhere around 6.  Grow up and act like adults!

Everyone keeps reposting this stupid article written by Ms. Macavinta of CNet,
written over a year ago!  Come on.....this is old news!  Let it go
already......
Playboy won their case, this is true.  Their attorney's fees were OVER
$100,000
while mine were UNDER $20,000.  I do not have a wallet as big as Playboy's.
With their bigshot lawyers and a conservative judge on the case, I was
destined
to lose.  The whole thing just became a big publicity stunt for Playboy.
It also appears legal experts are not expert enough on how news servers and
NNTP
news services operate.  They incorrectly assume "if it's on your server,
you put it there
and you know what it is."  This is far from the truth.  There are GIGABYTES
of kiddie
porn, beastiality, and all other kinds of illegal images residing on
servers operated
by YOUR ISP right at this very moment.  Did you know that?  If you don't want
your LUG photos on a server that is connected to the server that hosts my
very
tasteful, and very legal glamour photos,  then how can you STAND the FACT
that YOUR ISP assists in and MAKES POSSIBLE the distribution of hardcore
and illegal pornography?????  It's a fact of life on the web.

Come on people!  Educate yourself on the basic workings of the Internet before
you make yourselves look more like ignorant children that you already have!

And to those of you who have voiced your support for me and my cause, or at
least have acknowledged my basic rights, I THANK YOU very much and
appreciate the kind words.  You have proven yourselves to be great friends and
I look forward to discussing things Leica-ish with you for many months to
come.....

That's all I have to say.......

Francesco