Subject: Re: [Leica] Elder statesmen
From: tedgrant@islandnet.com (Ted Grant)
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 1998 21:58:34 +0100

Eric wrote:

>Ah, c'mon Ted, if it were true you would have mentioned covering the red
>dot (flower-based dyes no doubt) on your image cutter with black tar from
>special tar pits in the black forest. (They didn't have tape back in those
>days).

Ya sure they had tape, it was "duck tape!" :)  A side line to the U-R-right
line of image cutters! :)

>So you were really using the UR-image cutter, not a Leica cutter, which
>came in the post-flood days. Oskar Bone-ack was the creator of the first
>UR-image cutter (with the help of his cousin Max Bear-ack). The old memory
>bank must have had too many withdrawals by now, eh? >>>>>>>

Ya I guess it has something to do with the single malt developer made in
Vetslar! :) Things were going swimmingly, me and Noah doing a gig in stone
on a boat, when along came this guy Moses who wrote ten commandments on
using a Leica  UR-image cutter. And everything went summiluxing down hill
after that! :)

So OK, I forgot to mention it was a UR-image cutter that was duck taped
together! :) This looks like I'm sufffering from getting back to the
realities of Leicaleese! Whatever the hell that is after this past week. :)

If this sounds rediculous, just think how stupid much of the past 7 days
sounded?:) I've had to read my own medical book for Leica self help
recovery! :)

ted