Subject: Re: [Leica] minilux zoom v. contax tvs
From: AJSymi@aol.com
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 1998 00:52:13 EDT

Charles Dunlap wrote:

<< when you manually focus you are choosing one of about ten focus zones, you
are not getting a continuous focus range. This seems to be a nail in the
coffin for
 my opinion of the camera. Leica have provided no innovation here: they
 haven't even met the challenge of the competition. >>
- -----------------------------------------------------
Charles:

On the surface, the 10-click focusing sounds odd.  However, in practice this
might be  quite simple and accurate.  What is the max f-stop on this lens?  Is
there sufficient DOF focusing going on here?  A choice of 10 possible focus
points, if accurate, might be nice.  I wouldn't want any more detents in my
aperture ring (1/3 stops?), half stops are enough.

I'm anxious to hear from anyone with field test results exclusively in MF
mode.

Cheers,
Arturo