Subject: Re: [Leica] the Novoflex 400/5.6
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 1998 08:10:58 -0500

At 12:51 AM 6/21/98 -0700, you wrote:
>it is similar to its cousin, the Leitz 400/6.8, but the latter has three
>elements to provide less curvature of field.

That isn't correct. The 400 and 560 telyts are two element lenses. It's the
800 Telyt-S that has three elements.

>I know that other people on the list have used Novoflex 400's -- can
>anyone compare the 350/4.8 Telyt-R to the Novoflex, or tell me anything
>about the 350?

I've heard the 350 is close to apochromatic correction, with some tiny
color fringing only in the corners. It's rather bulky, but not as big as
your 400 length-wise.
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO