Subject: [Leica] Re: airports
From: "John H. Haugaard" <haugaard@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 1998 19:40:37 -0400

On a recent trip out of Souix Falls, SD I was carrying in my backpack my M6
with 35 Summicron mounted and a 50 Summicron in a padded wrap.  After
passing through the metal detector, I found that the security person had
snagged my backpack from the conveyor belt.

"Do you have a camera in here?"

"Yes."

"Well, its a _large_ camera with a _very large_ lens.  I'll have to take a
look."

I assured her that it was anything but large.  She confirmed that the Leica
was not a lethal weapon, at least in my hands 8-)

I wonder how the deal with passenger carrying a N***n F5 with a 80-200 zoom?

John Haugaard
Decatur, Georgia