Subject: Re: [Leica] Is the Leica an endangered species?
From: Donal Philby <donalphilby@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 1998 08:06:34 -0700

Dan Post wrote:
> Two- APS accounts for only about 5-8% of our total volume.

I remember speaking to a manufactuer's representative a couple years
back on the plane returning from a PMA show and she said the main reason
for APS development was that the mini lab growth had pretty well reached
saturation and that the manufacturers needed to develop something new
for them to buy.  She said it was purely economics and profits and her
company (to be nameless) was in the middle of it.

donal
- --
Donal Philby
San Diego