Subject: Re: [Leica] Is the Leica an endangered species?
From: "Alan Hull" <hull@vaggeryd.mail.telia.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 1998 20:16:28 +0200

 Eric Welch and Bryan Willman disagreed ... with ...

> >expensive equipment will be totally outclassed by a photographer in
> >medium format, for half the effort with a cheap used Rollieflex.

with the response

> It's not true. We can shoot the heck around Rollieflex cameras in low
> light.

And

>The medium format worker either works
>relatively hard in the darkroom, or uses
>a pro lab.

My response to the response

You are moving the goalposts.  All I said was that a 35mm negative is
inferior to a 120 negative.  Leica is dedicated to 35mm which means
that digital and APS can match this quality a long time before they can
match the quality from a 120 negative.  Maybe digital and APS can then
have a go at "outshooting" the MF cameras but 35mm will be history by
then.  If film has a future it will be in the larger formats or not at
all.  So there.  :o)  QED.

Alan