Subject: [Leica] Contact with Leica USA president
From: Charles Dunlap <cdunlap@es.UCSC.EDU>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 1998 14:09:24 -0800

After frustration over the last six weeks with backorders at Leica USA (no
one there seemed to know when to expect anything to arrive) I wrote to the
president's e-mail address (as found on the Leica USA web page.)

Within a week I received a very thorough, friendly, and helpful response.
Mr. Horn can't make my equipment appear on US shores any faster than it
will, but he did check on expected shipping dates for me and followed up on
my response with further details.

I suggested that he subscribe to the digest for a while to see what's on
the minds of the LUG. If we conduct ourselves decently he might stay tuned.

- -Charlie
             Charles E. Dunlap
         Earth Sciences Department
          University of California
            Santa Cruz, CA 95064
Tel.: (408) 459-5228    Fax.: (408) 459-3074

         mailto:cdunlap@es.ucsc.edu