Subject: Re: [Leica] Prints from slide film (off topic)
From: TEAShea@aol.com
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 17:56:07 EDT

<< Should I go back to print film for non family photos?  What if I get a
 few dozen great shots - will publications be interested in negatives >>

Paul, one question is whether you generally want prints as the final result.
If you do, I would recommend that you consider using print film.  Print film
results in better prints than silde film.  Print film is (of course) designed
for prints.  Making a very good quality print from a slide is expensive.  You
must either use a 4x5 internegative or the Cibachrome (now Ilfachorme)
process.

If your purpose is taking photos for publication the answer is generally still
to use slide film.   More publications like slide film than print film.  Some
will only use slide film - although this is slowly changing.  Some
publications and printers are set up for slide film and do not want to fuss
with print film.  Both slide and print film can be used for publication, if
the magazine and printer are set up to use it.  \

Tom Shea