Subject: Re: [Leica] chianti and Leica. :)
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 23:49:42 +0200

Hi Dan,

Yes, I benefit from the absence of border control within the EU. Although
someone told me that there is actually a limit, even when importing from another
EU country, it is irrelevant in practice as there are no border posts anymore.
The welcome signs when crossing a state line in the US is more prominent than
most Belgian border signs.

Nathan

Dan Post wrote:

> Nathan-
> I probably jibe you out of envy! Sounds like a wonderful trip! I looks like
> you live in Belgique which explains how you got across the porder with seven
> cases of hooch in the back!
> Here in the homestate of moonshine, the authorities here have been highly
> constipated since they repealed Prohibition, and you need a license for
> buying more than a case! Talk about blasphemy!
> Seriuosly, the best thing that happened to me was to find out that the best
> Chiantis did not come in the basket encased bottles! soo long ago! It was
> back when I could get a Chateau Lascombe MArgaux for less than $6 a bottle!
> Enjoy! I hope I can make such a journey someday, with my Leicas ( Oh!, and
> my wife too!)
> Dan'l
> dwpost@msn.com

- --