Subject: [Leica] Dealers (was LHSA meeting)
From: Harrison McClary <hmcclary@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 23:12:38 -0500

I have dealt with all three and have found all of them very reliable.  My
preferences are 1) Don Chatterton followed closely by Jim Kuehl (both are
very patient on the phone about questions and rate equipment very fairly)
then Tamarkin and WallStreet.

 But don't forget the other luggers who are dealers, Sam Soshan (sorry if
I butchered your name too bad Sam), Pat Mckee (PNN) and Jeff Alford
(K&S).  I personally have never delt with any of these fine people but
have heard good things about them from others and would not hesitate to
give them a call for merchandise.

Another dealer to consider is Camera One in Sarasota, Fla.  I have bought
several things (a lot of Nikon in years past) and some Leica and they
have been very pleasant to deal with.

As for me I call Don first and if he can't help I'll look elsewhere
(hasn't happened since I discovered him).

BTW don't worry about Jim Kuehl's prices.  He is a VERY reliable fellow
and will go out of his way to make you a happy customer...try his fax
number if you can't get through on the phone.

Fstop008@aol.com wrote

>I am about to purchase a Leica M outfit. Does anyone have preferences or
>reservations about  Don Chatterton, Jim Kuehl (who seems to be the least
>expensive), Tamarkin, Wall Street Camera or other dealership?

Harrison McClary
http://people.delphi.com/hmphoto