Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica Sales
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 18:44:00 -0500

At 12:29 AM 6/24/98 -0700, you wrote:

>As announced, the fiscal year 1997/98 was characterised by a planned
repositioning
>of the Leica Camera Group, which was aggravated by substantial sales
declines in
>important markets. Actual sales fell DM 30.0 million short of the planned
targets thus
>resulting in a considerable deterioration of the operating result.......
>

>food for thought ?

Sure, it's not so good right now. But they've gone through bad years
before, and with considerable investment in research and development
recently, I don't find that too discouraging. But they will have to move to
get back in the black. I look at the long term. What's often wrong with
business these days is they can't see past the next quarter.

We shall see.
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

What is the probability that something will happen according to the odds?