Subject: Re: [Leica] 21 mm Leica finder
From: TEAShea@aol.com
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 21:33:18 EDT

I received a 21 mm Leica finer today.  It is amazing that it would cost so
much.  It is, however, rather well constructed, considering it is plastic.  I
was afraid that it would be as cheap and ugly as the plastic lens hoods.

This has got me thinking, in conjunction with some of the other posts on
Leica's future.  One thing that Leica must attend to is efficiency in their
production.  If this little bitty finder costs $275 (and if a cap for the 35
mm hood costs $25, and the little wagon wheel costs $18 ......) and Leica is
still losing money, they must much some amazing inefficiencies in their
company.

Tom Shea