Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica S1
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 20:40:32 -0700

This is actually fairly simple. Part of our intellectual property (IP) in
the start-up where I'm working, is just that. Our digital photography
"engine" will indelibly mark every digital image scanned, from the CMOS or
CCD sensor, so that ownership can be proven. It cannot be erased or
modified. It is done within the chip logic. The scanned image comes out
"signed". The signature identifies the creator and is an indelible part of
the image. I'm not going to go into the details here, and I won't answer
any questions, as the details are not public yet (Patent applied for). You
can see what we are doing at  http://www.photoaccess.com .

Jim