Subject: Re: [Leica] chianti and Leica. :)
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 06:25:26 +0200

Tom,

I completely agree with your assessment. I was in Osaka for a week in October 94,
with side visits to Kyoto and Nara, and can highly recommend this region. I think it
is a must-see if one is vacationing in Japan (I was there on business, but stayed on
for a few days on my own).

Nathan

Tom Kumagai wrote:

> How about Kyoto (beautiful ancient buildings and mountains beautifully
> colored by trees) and Nara(besides being a beautiful place, interestingly
> enough, you can meet some cookie-eating deers there. 8-) )? If you are a
> street shooter kind of guy, Osaka would be a good place to take a walk.
> BTW, I would prefer visiting these cities in October rather than September
> because the leaves on the trees are prettier. In the beginning of September,
> you might just see just green leaves, instead of beautifully colored red, orange,
> and yellow leaves on the trees. The season I am describing might not be
> accurate because I have been away from Kansai area (Osaka, Kyoto, Nara,
> etc.) for a long time.(for 18 years or so) Any current residents? Mr. Iisaka,
> where are you located at?
>
> Tom K.

- --
Nathan Wajsman