Subject: Re: [Leica] Focusing with aging eyes
From: Mark Walberg <Walberg@simmons.swmed.edu>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 17:13:35 -0600

Well, gee Francois.  If you mean me, then I didn't explain my glasses very
well.  They are simple single vision glasses that give me crisp sharp focus
for everything between 2 feet and infinity.  I can still see things closer
than two feet OK, but they are sharper without the glasses.   This allows
me to drive my car just fine.  In fact these are better for driving (and
photography) than the "progressive" lenses that a lot of people have.  Most
progressive lenses, among other things, interfere with peripheral vision.
Single vision glasses do not interfere with peripheral vision.
    Now, if you were referring to David Reuther's four vision glasses, then
that is another story, and I think I agree with you on that one.  -Mark
Walberg