Subject: RE: [Leica] R6.2 Shutter Speed Dial
From: "Patrick G. Sobalvarro" <pgs@sobalvarro.org>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 19:17:59 -0700

> From: owner-leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
> [mailto:owner-leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us]On Behalf Of Don B
>
> I don't believe there is anything wrong with your R6.2.  It is like my
> R4sP when it is used in the manual mode.  Changing the shutter speed does
> not show up in the viewfinder.

I think you have confused the issue here, because you are not familiar with
the R6.2.  The VF display of an R6 or R6.2 is very different from that on
the R4sP -- there is only one shutter speed displayed, which is the set
shutter speed.  There is no separate metered shutter speed as on the R4.
Trust me on this -- I've used an R6.2 for a few years now.  Changing the
shutter speed dial setting should change the state of the meter indicator
arrows on an R6.2, and there is something wrong with an R6.2 that does not
do this.

- -Patrick