Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 myths
From: tedgrant@islandnet.com (Ted Grant)
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 1998 09:53:47 +0100

Tony wrote:
>Didn't expect you to...but at least you were civil in your reply. ;-)

Hi Tony,

Thanks, sometimes I make it! :)

>Well SOME haven't heard it before -- judging by the responses here.>>>>>

You know how the family is "good, bad and ugly at times! :)

<<<<As a NEW Leica owner I obviously don't believe EVERYTHING he says or I
wouldn't have purchased an R8, BUT the guy makes SOME VALID points. What I
was hoping for was a point by point reply to what he says from members
here. Apparently some got their shorts in an uproar over this. ;-)>>>>>>

See above about good, bad and ugly! :) :) :)

Sure some of the points were/are valid, we just don't like to hear about
them!:) Blows holes in our Leica mythology! :)

>Well since his email address is posted after his post, one could challenge him
>via email and/or invite him here. I equate some Leica luggers with some
>extreme members of the NRA>>>>>>>

Gee are we that bad? NRA? wow! :) I guess so from reponses on occaision! :)
And would you really want this poor unsuspecting guy to step into a hornets
nest? :)

<<<say anything negative about their "baby" and the walls come up. The
"love it or leave it" attitude so to speak.>>>>

Tony, it's like politics and religion, question it and the hair gets up
real quick! :)

After this past week I think I'm going to take all this stuff with a
spoonful of salt, make fun of most of it and take none of the rest
seriously. My life is quickly becoming too short to get my ass in a knot
over things material! :( And not fitting into common sense. :)

ted