Subject: [Leica] Hologon for M
From: Thomas Kachadurian <kach@freeway.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 1998 21:25:59 -0400

Erwin, Marc or others:

Tamarkin has advertised the 16mm Hologon in an M mount which raises this
question.

When Erwin evaluated the 21mm aspheric he noted that wide angle lenses in
general are not good at resolving micro details at infinity. He gives high
ratings to the 21 aspheric in this regard.

What about the hologon? I know it is well regarded, but for what. Is it a
lens I can use for landscape work and expect to get clear details at
infinity in separations of 1500% or more.

Also, how's the color balance.

Thanks in advance, Tom.
Thomas Kachadurian
WEB PAGE: http://members.aol.com/kachaduria