Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica technology, creative control
From: Mark <mark@steinberg.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1998 08:47:48 -0700

Carl Socolow wrote:

> And then when they hire me they want to know why I charge as much as I
> do. Or they say they can hire a photog. from Philly (or wherever) and
> get a hundred photos for what I charge to make 8 interiors pix in a day.
> Argh!!!

reminding me of an incident i witnessed yesterday of a woman at a rental
facility inquiring about renting a 4X5, lights, etc, so that she could
take photos of artwork. she said she had hired a photographer but wanted
to explore DIYing the job because he wasn't getting results she approved
of.

after determining that it would cost her about $70 per day to rent the
gear she inquired whether there was a book available to help her learn
to use it and how many days of use did the rental folks think it would
take her to get to the point where she could take competent photos....

mark