Subject: RE: [Leica] M6 electronics
From: Tom Kumagai <kumagai@po.cnet-ma.ne.jp>
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 1998 07:26:44 +0900

All,

A RAM chip is rather an array of tiny capacitors or an array of transistor-driven "flip-flop" circuits than
a set of diode. RAM can't do much without a CPU. (Besides the first type I mentioned requires "refresh"
cycle to recharge the capacitors, and it "usually" requires an another IC's.)

I'll vote for the voltage regulator.

I don't own M6, but I suspect it is rather a simple bridge circuit - but "blinking" part might require some
complexities since it requires some sort of oscillation, but a single transistor circuit would do this
oscillation job well.

I am amazed that they changed the IC alone because a Japanese camera manufacture just would
pull off the flexi-board and stick the new one in. Electronic equipments usually are designed that
way.

Tom K.