Subject: Re:[Leica] Leica technology, creative control
From: "Michael D. Turner" <mike@lcl-imaging.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1998 19:43:31 -0700

At 09:34 PM 6/30/1998 -0400, Charles, you wrote...

>I know what you mean. As a working professional, I've enjoyed your posts.
>Don't stop. I myself, as a confirmed lurker, have nearly responded to
>your letters (and many others) to tell you just that. But fear of the
>careless remark has held me back. It's a very inflamatory list. People
>respond before they think. I subscribe to the digest which allows me to
>kind of soak it all in before I go off the deep end. I suppose others may
>fire off hasty replies without thought. Speak your mind and state your
>ideas. And everybody, sit and think a moment before applying such harsh
>judgement on others. Myself and others would contribute more frequently
>if this were the case here.
>
>Charles

Same here, Charles. I don't think the list is *that* inflammatory (last wk
excepted), but it is the nature of the medium, with the reply icon only a
mouse click away, that thoughtless responses happen. Some of us are more
restrained than others. Thankfully we don't all pop off, but sometimes
those thoughtless responses spawn worthwhile dialog. So, yes, let's think
before we act, but let's also not be so quick to condemn points of view
that we deem stupid.

Jim: I'm sure I'm not the only one who looks forward to hearing about what
you're doing, etc. Keep it up!
- -another lurker,
Mike