Subject: Re: [Leica] Technique
From: FIGLIO4CAP@aol.com
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 1998 11:28:13 EDT

<< << How come nobody writes about the 135 lens? Is is worth considering >>

I have had both the f4 and the f2.8 for years and have to say that for non-
critical handheld work they are both excellent. However, the 2.8 is a very
high resolution lens and produces very high quality images. But it is the f4
that I carry with my M6 outfit for size and weight reasons.

I hace noticed that the 135 f2.8 Elmarit for the R body does not bring much
money on the used market even though it is an outstanding performer. There is
something more going on here than optical quality when price is a
consideration.

Does anyone know if the 135 Elmarit for the M and R cameras is the same lens
design?

Bob