Subject: RE: [Leica] Horror Tale
From: "B. D. Colen" <BDColen@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 1998 13:05:18 -0400

I have the bill of sale, with a dealer's name, address, etc. stamped on it.
Of course I don't know if the dealer was an "authorized" Leica dealer.

Do you have a bill of sale from the dealer in Amsterdam?  I know you said
you
were in a hurry and this is why the dealer didn't stamp the warranty card.
Even so, you should have a receipt for this purchase and this should be good
enough for Leica USA.

Do you remember the name of the dealer in Amsterdam?  How did you pay for
the
lens?  If you paid with a credit card, this should constitute a record that
you did purchase an expensive lens like this from the dealer
I do have proof of purchase, but I purchased it by trading a 35 1.4 pre
asph, a 21 2.8 pre asph, and about $240 US.
Is it possible
that this dealer in Amsterdam is not an authorized Leica dealer?
YES

I would think that if you could provide Leica with any of these items (bill
of
sale, name of the dealer, credit card receipt, customs declaration, etc.)
that
they would then honor the Leica Pass International warranty on your lens.  I
know that this is their (Leica's) policy and it is quite fair

They certainly should make good on it..

Please let me know what the outcome is on the repair of this lens.

Bill Rosauer

I will keep the group updated on the saga.