Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica-More Jim, less BS
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 1998 08:45:57 -0700

At 09:25 AM 7/2/98 +0200, you wrote:

>Don't mean to sound rude in any way, but waitresses around here must do
>a lot of work on top of waiting if they ever hope to buy a R7...(a R7 -
>body only - is equivalent to 2 and 1/2 months net wages of a waitress in
>Brussels). I used to be a waiter-student (or the other way round) but
>had to pay my rent, my food, my books and my transportation. Did not
>leave anything for cameras (and thank god my evening meal was free where
>I worked)...
>
>Alan,
>Brussels-Belgium

I'm not sure why you post this kind of stuff on the Leica List. Rude or
not, it has absolutely nothing to do with my point, that you are responding
to, that because of circumstances, sometimes a person is in the position to
learn using the very best. You may think it's a handicap, but I'm sure,
except for perhaps Tom S., the rest of the LUG does not. It certainly had
nothing to do with the price of waiting tables in Belgium.

Learn with what you have available. If it happens to be the best, that's
great. If it happens to be the worst, that's great too. You are learning.

Jim