Subject: R: [Leica] my M7
From: "guido ridoli" <guirid@numerica.it>
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 1998 15:23:26 +0200

Dear Francesco,
for your problems  this is the solution:
My opinions :-)
1)  It's difficullt to put a small windows in the back plate because there
isn't enought place for the piece of foam rubber  and for the film in M
body. I suggest to fix a little piece of Scotch tape on the part of the
film box you need, and fix all together under  the Base plate camera. (like
a real PRO)
2)  Buy an M5 the shutter speed dial is very good, bigger and easy to use
3)  Buy an M5 the ASA dial is on the top plate and it is more sturdy and
more resistant and easy to use than M6
4)  Buy an M5 no problem with crank when you rewind the film. The rewinnd
crank locks automatically and you never have the lever springs back to its
resting position and the spool spins rapidly| backwards.

With the big  King Nlux the M5 body  has a good grip

Of course :-) you need a two lugs M5 and carry it ONLY on the short side
(like a real PRO or a real LEICA M SUPERFAN)

        Guido Ridoli
LEICA M SUPERFAN
  guirid@numerica.it