Subject: Re: [Leica] Recomended Reading
From: "David Medley" <dmedley@whidbey.net>
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 1998 10:26:01 -0700

>Ron Miller wrote:

>>But any complete beginner should at least read up on the basics of
>>photography.  Just for a show of suggestions, what excellent reading
>>would the LUG recommend for a newbie (a) basics and (b) advanced technic
>>the Leica way)?? I'm sure your local library might carry some titles!

Ron,

I teach an occasional beginning or intermediate photo workshop here in the
Northwest US and the book that I have found to be the best for these
workshops is:

Kodak Guide to 35 mm Photography
"Techniques for Better Pictures"
ISBN 0-87985-613-0
$11.95 US

You will find hundreds of books out on the shelves but this particular one
has a lot going for it. It is cheap (as far as books go), It appears to be
available almost everywhere including the "mall" camera shops and book
stores that have never heard of a Leica, and it has a lot of good solid
information in its 270 pages. I have been playing at this game for some time
now and I still refer to this book on occasion.

The best accessory that any of us can buy, however, is film, film and more
film.

Cheers,
David Medley
Whidbey Is.   WA