Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Int'l price differences
From: Dennis Painter <dwp@deltanet.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Jul 1998 20:56:52 -0700

Michael,

It used to be, and probably still is, that the burden of proof falls
upon you.  Years ago I presented my cameras at customs and they wrote
the serial numbers on a form and stamped and signed the form.  You carry
the form. Upon return to the US if they question whether you purchased
the camera(s) overseas you presented the form as proof that they left
the US and are now returning.

No proof that the cameras left the US, duty could be levied. No to
mention they might levy fines for not declaring them.

When you deal with Customs life can be tough.

Dennis