Subject: Re: [Leica] More Leica snobbery
From: "Dan Post" <dwpost@email.msn.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Jul 1998 23:17:49 -0400

Ben,
True! Marc says my recent acquisition, an Elmarit-R 180/2,8 was circa 1968.
I was still using an old Yashica Electro 35 while I was in the Navy that
year! You are right, the test slides I took of some kids at a store two
doors down were incredible! As soon as I got them back, I trucked over and
snatched that bad boy up!
I can see where buying new helps the company, but then again, if people were
not able to dispose of their old stuff, they'd be less likely to spring for
some expensive gear that didn't hold some residual market value. I still
like to think that we're 'helping out'!
dwpost@msn.com