Subject: Re: [Leica] 50 Summicron or Summilux
From: D Khong <dkhong@pacific.net.sg>
Date: Sun, 05 Jul 1998 12:41:07 +0000

At 08:13 PM 4/7/98 -0400, you wrote:
>At 04:46 PM 04-07-98 -0700, you wrote:
>>I sold my 50 Summicron M a couple of weeks ago. I'm looking for a used,
>>latest model, 50 Summilux M. They seem to be non existent on the used
>>market. Does this mean they don't sell enough new Summilux's to have a used
>>market? Or does it mean that once someone gets one, they won't ever let it
>go?
>>
>>Jim
>
>I've noticed the same thing.  I bought my used 50 summilux privately, but I
>can't recall ever seeing  a used one sitting on a dealers shelf.  I see
>lots of 50 summicrons and 35 summiluxes (old style), however.
>
>Dan C.

Same here in Singapore.  Soooooo... I am hanging onto my 50 Summilux which
are hard to find.

To answer the original question:

If cash is of no concern,  buy all THREE (Noct, Lux and Cron)
If cash is of slight concern, buy the Noct and Cron
If cash is a little tight, go for the Summilux (if you can find one)
If cash is very tight, sell any leica stuffs (they are useful cash converters)

Dan K.