Subject: [Leica] 60mm macro lens
From: Andre Jean Quintal <megamax@abacom.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Jul 1998 10:26:02 -0400

Allo LUGERS,

	You always talk about Summicron and Summilux 50mm.

	But, that 60mm macro R lens keeps crying for attention.

	Would you care to compare it's performance differences?
	Is it real good just up close? Or is it a far more than
	decent lens for general purpose use ?

	To me, 60mm is just about right for the sort of portraits
	i like. 75mm - 90mm would be a "long" lens, by my
	private tastes. Obviously, like everyone, that 100mm APO
	strikes a chord... [But, with my old Nikon FTn and FM2,
	with that "baby zoom" i don't really like, i often wind
	up composing at about 60mm - 70mm focal, and about 35mm, also,
	most of the time..., out of personal aesthetics.]

	So, since many here have such long standing Leica experience
	[and privilege...], I'd sure like to "soak up" some 60mm
	macro-R anecdotes... Is the macro extender worth considering ?

	Thank you very much,

	Andre Jean Quintal