Subject: Re: [Leica] travel to Greece in September....advice?
From: Pascal <cyberdog@ibm.net>
Date: Sun, 5 Jul 1998 16:36:43 +0200

On 03-07-1998 03:10 Francesco Sanfilippo wrote:

>My S.O. and I have decided to go to Greece instead of Japan
>this September, since we just went to Asia in January!

Francesco,

as a non-American I don't understand what "S.O." means. Could you
enlighten me?

BTW: we went to the Greek island of Kos a year and a half ago. Highly
recommendable, as is the island of Santorini (an old vulcano). You should
have no problem taking pics of people in the streets. Greeks are friendly
people. As for extra fees when taking pics of historical sites and so on,
it all depends on the place. In Kos you pay nothing extra, but you are
asked not to use flashlights in museums. In Athens and some other
well-known tourist sites, things are different. Often you will have to
buy a "camera ticket" which allows you to take your camera equipment
inside (otherwise you would be asked to leave it at the entrance ...
something I would never trust!). The camera ticket will almost cost as
much as a normal ticket, so you essentially pay double price.

Pascal

Check out: http://members.xoom.com/cyberplace/
Macintosh PowerBook G3 - it eats Pentium notebooks for lunch