Subject: [Leica] LIFE....(no more great Leica photos?)
From: "Tim Atherton" <timphoto@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 05 Jul 1998 12:09:10 PDT

>made you wonder who the photo editor was..

Gary,

As far as I can tell they don't really have one anymore!  The new editor
(from Martha Stwearr Living?) got rid of the photo dept and merged it
with the art dept. David Friend, Director of Photography quit. They got
rid of Joe McNally - staff photographer etc. Also, I beleibe, Barbara
Baker Burrows, daughter of Larry Burrows.

(By the way, I did a Maine Workshop with Joe a few years ago - it was
great and he was a great teacher, it has changed my photography since
then).

So, yes, the magazine probably was laid out by an intern from a shool
year book !!

Tim A