Subject: Re: [Leica] M7 feasibility (longish)
From: Alan Ball <AlanBall@csi.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 1998 13:04:20 +0200

Frank Dernie wrote:
> ....<CUT>......
>  A vertical travel electronic shutter would
> probably be required to achieve all the goals, and would be much cheaper
> but would change the shape of the body...<CUT>....

Why and how ? Judging from the G2, such a shutter does not - per se -
imply a larger body... And are talking about 1 to 5 mm or over 5mm
height differnces here ?

> In fact isn't an up to date CL2 what is being requested. Or to be more
> precise a 1998 CLE.

I agree with that minus the CLE limitations: I want access to the same
lenses as my current M 6 system (no 40mm, no 90mm f4, etc) and efficient
focusing.