Subject: [Leica] Big hands, and the 100 f4 macro
From: "James Burris" <jabu@direct.ca>
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 1998 09:58:30 -0700

Hi there,

Along with the 400 telyt, I recently picked up a R3 and a 100 f4 macro.  I
already own the new version of the elmarit 90-R so could anyone give me a
comparison of the optical performance of these two lenses.  I'd like to
keep the macro but I'm a little worried about its performance at infinity.
Thanks!

Also, I must admit the R3 was slated for re-sale well before I comleted the
transaction, BUT when I actually got to handle it I was suprised how much
better it felt in my hands (rather large) than my R4 or RE.  It seemed to
balance very nicely with the 100 macro, and "feel" much better in my hands.
 I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed this about the R3 in comparison
to R4-7.   Perhaps I'll switch my bodies from the R4/E to the R3 and the SL
I plan to pick up today.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

James