Subject: Re: [Leica] 28mm rokkor vs 28 elmarit??
From: oka@mxa.usen-net.or.jp (Satoshi Oka)
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 1998 11:43:05 +0900

Steve,

It seems that the paint inside the barrel is coming off.
Maybe, It is possible to repair the lens

The specs of 28mm lensese are following.

Elmarit-M 2.8/28 (Current)
Length from bayonet frange: 41.5mm
Largest diameter: 53mm
Weight: 0.260kg

M-Rokkor 2.8/28
Length from bayonet frange: 35.5mm
Largest diameter: 51mm
Weight: 0.135kg

28 frame on CLE is always visible.
So, when Elmarit28 is mounted on CLE, 28mm and 90mm frame are active.

I have Elmarit-M28(3rd) and M-Rokkor28 although I have never used
current 28Elmarit.
I prefer the description and the size of M-Rokkor to of Elmarit.
But when M-Rokkor28 is monted on M6, 35/135 frame are active.
It is very inconvenience for me.
So my Rokkor28 is added pin to active 28/90 frame by Reinhold Mueller.
I will part with Elmarit.

Satoshi Oka
Kyoto, Japan

s-oka@mars.dti.ne.jp