Subject: [Leica] Gitzo Tripods
From: "Rich Jackson/ITWORKS" <richj@infotechworks.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 1998 08:22:26 -0400

Mark:

>1. using a tripod. jeff alford's amazing photograph of the inside
>of a church (cathedral ?) in salzburg, where he achieved an
>image of remarkable clarity, pretty much convinced me on the spot
>to update my ancient bogen and replace it with a new tripod
>that i can use to take photos rather than use to infuriate myself.
>i'm leaning towards a carbon-fibre gitzmo (sp?), i think it's
>called a "mountaineer", and a ball head.

I use a Gitzo model G026 (one of the smallest they make) with a ball head
and love it. This model is not as light as the mountaineering model but is
small enough and light enough to take with you on trips. It is built like a
tank and performs quite well. It is not cheap (approx. $300 to $350 for the
combination) but worth the money.

As for the quick detach plate let me know what you come across - this item
has been on my list of items to get.

Rich Jackson