Subject: Re: [Leica] Today's Great Photographers (Values Question)
From: LP6@aol.com
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 19:12:02 EDT

Ted:

The Value Vision of Photographers LUG Project will now rest on whatever
consensus is forged in the weeks ahead:

There are two (awkward) thresholds to cross to collect data:

1.  Getting LUG members to send to you (Ted) the names of photographers who
have , distinguished themselves in this field over the years and hopefully
with their email and snail mail addresses, and....

2.   The follow-up will be to mail these individuals invitations to
parlticipate, anonymously, in a study of the value vision of successful
photograpahers....

       (....and, hopefully in sufficient numbers to make our calculations
meaningful where meaning need not be born of statistical precision alone; for,
any tour of horizons on this unexplored frontier should prove interesting and
meaningful.)

        I have proposed a path to examine values in photography that interests
me as I actively plan my first retirement this year, geographic relocation and
the launching of a second career by the end of the year.

        Attention LUG members:  Have you any questions, or suggestions?  Hope
to hear from you regarding this values in photography project, and soon; for,
the half-life of a thread such this one (somewhat abstract to many I suppose;
yet, I promise those participating will be treated to exciting measurements of
core value dimensions and their relationship to photography) surely will be
measured in days determining whether we hold or fold the project!

         As part of my retirement planning,  I will leave town for five days
to visit the Boston area  (7-15 through 7-19), and on my return I will take
the "pulse" of the LUG on the subject of measuring the core value vision of
photographers and how their patterns might differ from the aveage population?
We cannot proceed without a critical mass of LUG interest and this thread, by
now, has pretty well deflined our subject matter and cleared a path!

Best of Light,

Leon:
LP6@aol.com

If LP6 is full; then: